Long day, short post game. I’ll have a reaction to Dontrelle Willis heading to the bullpen Thursday night.
- The offense came to play for the second game and the Tigers won two in a row for the first time, er, this month.
- Marcus Thames got a rare start and made the best of it. He hit a double and a grand slam.
- The Tigers took advantage of a 7 run third inning on Jarrod Washburn to put the game away.
- Unfortunately Kenny Rogers couldn’t quick up the quality start and allowed all four runs and got knocked out of the game after getting just one out in the sixth inning.
- It would be nice if the pitching enjoyed some of the renaissance the offense is doing.
- Is this 21 runs in two days because Seattle’s pitching is so bad Detroit can’t help but score? Or is the luck turning some, allowing the Tigers to knock some runs in from scoring position? Or are they just coming out of a near two month slump?
- Too early to tell.
- I wish the Tigers were in the A.L. West. Or at least played more often against the Rangers and Mariners.