We got 10 inches of snow in Marquette and 26 inches of snow in Negaunee on April 1. I only wish that were an April Fools joke. Otherwise, while no fan of the off-day-after-opening-day, I did see a pair of baseball games tonight, including the A’s, so it wasn’t too bad. So here’s a few links I read tonight.
- The Tigers’ payroll is the second highest in baseball at nearly $139M when you include bonuses and all the other junk. It lags way behind the Yankees but is ever-so-slightly above the Mets. Never thought I’d be writing this paragraph in my lifetime. (Hat-tip Danny Knobler)
- Jim Leyland will drop the puck at the Wings’ game Thursday. (Behind the Jersey)
- The Tigers and Tim Byrdak are looking for an agreement that would put him back in Toledo. I imagine he’d end up back in Detroit eventually. (Freep)
- D-Town Baseball has the probable pitching matchups for the next week.
- Ian interviewed awesome Kansas City Star columnist (and blogger) Joe Posnanski. Great interview, and if you’re not reading Pos’ blog, you should be. (Bless You Boys)
- Matt at Take 75 North tries to piece together the farm system rosters for the Tigers. (Take 75 North)