The Rangers’ side of the equation was Freddy Guzman, who Jon Paul Morosi aptly describes in the article as a speedster. Age 26, he spent last season in AAA and had 56 steals. Morosi thinks he has a reasonable chance to make the roster just for his speed threat. I’m not sure. But I’m not ready to tackle any roster figurings until we’re relatively sure we know who the options are. Too early for that still!
- D-Train blogs
Man i get off a plane in mexico with my family and everyone is callin me like something bad happened but i didnt know until my agent called and told me. I thought he was playin but then i saw it on t.v and for a second i was like ”damn for real” then i was like “well lets do it baby boy ” .
Of course we know, Curtis Granderson blogged for ESPN this past season. Nate Robertson blogged for MLB.com. I’d say if we could just get a pitcher to blog, but uhm, just in case, no!
- Bilfer listened in on the conference call and gathered the reaction from Miguel Cabrera and Willis at DTW.
- And apparently Willis is a PISTONS fan, so that’s a good start!
- Tigerfest sold out in a day.
Dave Dombrowski mentioned that as guest on SportsCenter’s special from the Winter Meetings. Man. If this is any indication, the Tigers have gone from being a BIG THING in Michigan to being a HUGE HUGE THING in Michigan.
- Lotta Freep links, but they’ve owned Tigers baseball today. National reaction.
- “The Tigers? They’re now an official baseball superpower.” (ESPN’s Jayson Stark)
- Finally, one I forgot. Willis won’t be traded to the Mets, Danny Knobler reports.
He said there was some talk of a 3-way deal with the Mets, but that would have happened at the time of the deal and won’t happen after. The Mets confirm this.
“There’s no turning back now for them,” a Mets official said tonight. “If anything was going to be done, it had to be done before (the trade became public). They’ve energized their fan base now. They can’t go back.”
So why is this coming up now? Simply because WFAN in New York reported tonight that the Tigers might now trade Willis to the Mets.