We know all about the Tigers. They were great last year. They’re winning while being bad this year, so just wait until the batters actually hit the ball. That’s a big reason for now being a great time to enjoy baseball in Michigan.
But the other reason? The Midwest League. At Baseball Prospectus, Kevin Goldstein reviewed the low-A leagues today (Sub-Req). MILB.com has a feature on the top A-level prospects as well. Coming to a stadium near you:
- The Great Lakes Loons, of Midland, a Dodgers affiliate, have an excellent rotation and decent bullpen, Goldstein wrote. Clayton Kershaw was one of the top HS prospects drafted in 2006, MILB.com adds.
- Don’t forget, former Tiger Lance Parrish is the Loons’ manager.
- Toronto affiliate Lansing has one of the top outfields, featuring Travis Snider, who Goldstein calls among the top.
- Of course, we already know outfielder Gorkys Hernandez at the Tigers’ West Michigan. Scott Sizemore is there, too.
- Outfielder Drew Stubbs of Dayton and OF/1B Chris Parmalee of Beloit are names to watch too.